Interesting week.
11/23/2008 10:12:00 PM | Author: Simply Jen
This week looks to be an interesting one. I get to spend some time with my guys later in the week. I get to cook my second turkey ever...ok so a whole turkey breast. We aren't dark meat people. My baby will turn 8 later in the week. Christmas season in Kansas begins. Just a lot of things.
Thanksgiving is going to be nice and very different this year. We honestly have no traditions. When we lived in SC we always went to the inlaws. When we lived in Hawaii we were either with my sister or just did nothing. This year we couldn't really go anywhere and I wasn't planning on cooking big. Honestly, I had just wanted to cook some gumbo or something and have some kind of desert for the guys. A few days ago my son started talking really seriously about thanksgiving. We talked all about how it is a time to remember what we are really thankful for. He got all excited about that and wrote a "thankful" song. He then got started on the meal part of excited. Started talking about making a pumpkin pie and he's never had one before. He kept going on and on about pumpkin pie and stuffing and having a fun dinner so now I'm cooking. He is going to help me cook and has said he will try everything which is honestly a really big deal for him. The funny part is I went from dreading the idea of cooking to getting a little excited about it. It's going to be a lot of fun.
Another big thing is that my little man is turning 8 later this week. I can't believe that it was 8 years ago he was in my belly not letting me eat or sleep. I was hugging on him today and told him he had to stop growing up and he told me " I know, but I can't" and then hugged me. I know that I'm going to cry at least once on his birthday. He has given me so much and I have no idea what I would do without him. It's so scary to think that one person has that much impact on your life. I honestly believe that I could eventually be ok if something happened to my husband but, if something ever happened to my son, I don't think I'd survive it. Just really scary to me.
Enough reflecting. I need to go to bed I guess. Hopefully at some point I will be able to shut my brain up.
|
This entry was posted on 11/23/2008 10:12:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: