Watch..warning..it's all fun
1/13/2007 01:43:00 AM | Author: Simply Jen
You know, I never associated Severe Weather with Hawaii..well aside from the volanic erruptions. Since I've moved here, I've had more scares than I had the entire time I lived in SC. It's insane. I've had to deal with Vog (volcanic fog,) Forty days of torential rain, mudsliding, flooding, hurricanes, an earthquake, and the lasted adventure was a Tsunami watch today. Apparently there was a really strong earthquake off the coast of Japan and it triggered the watch. It was canceled a few minutes ago, but it was still more than a little nervewracking. Thankfully I don't live in one of the evacuation zones. I live fairly high up compared to the coast.

Aside from all of this, life is hardly exciting lately. I am looking forward to my son going back to school. I thought I would be happy to have my husband back at work so that thins would find some sort of normal, but I really missed having him around. I'm just really grateful that he gets to come home to me at the end of the day. That makes all the difference.

I thought I had more to say, but apparently I don't. I am really missing several of my friends. They have been really busy. I hope that you guys have time to say hi sometime soon.
|
This entry was posted on 1/13/2007 01:43:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On 5:09 PM, January 22, 2007 , Amy said...

Hey Jen!

Sheesh.. I've dealt with tornado watches and warnings, but I'd probably be freaking out with a Tsunami warning. I just get images of the Indonesian Tsunami in my head. Makes me shudder.

I hope things are going well. I am ashamed to say I forgot to send a "Welcome Home" card for your husband. I got caught up in my general flakiness (I really am so scatterbrained it's just embarassing) that I'd think about it, then forget again. By the time I remember things it's too late.

Seriously. I'm so scatterbrained.

Anyway, catch ya on MS!

 
On 8:45 AM, January 27, 2007 , Anonymous said...

That is crazy!!!! I am from SC so I know about the stuff there.

I hope you are doing well! I miss talking you on Yahoo.